Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Treat Bags





Hello everyone! I made these fun treat bags for several challenges....and to give to my son! I think these are called bag covers or bag genie's.  I cut a 4.25 X 8.5 inch piece of cardstock for the cover. I scored it at 4.25, 5.25, and 10. I fold on all the score lines and on the 1 inch side I stapled it in the center after it's folded over. It reminds me of a match book cover. The mice were cut from Happy Hauntings and all the stamped sentiments are from My Craft Spot's Happy Haunting set. I added suckers to one of them by simply taping them under the top flap with scotch tape. The eyeball's are in a clear sack that I stapled in to the 1 inch flap.
I am going to enter these into the following challenges:
1. Getting Cricky's Simple Sunday Challenge-  Halloween Treat Holders
2. More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday- Treat Bags or Boxes
3. My Craft Spots Monday Challenge- Color challenge, Use Black with Orange, Purple, or Green
Whimsical Wednesday's challenge this week is also Halloween Treat Containers! If you hop on over there you can see what the amazing DT put together this week! This challenge is open until Oct. 26. I hope you all are having a great day and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Glora said...

Gigi, these are awesome. I hav got to try some. Thanks for the instructions! Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute !!!

bonnie said...

Oh my gosh how stinkin' cute are these! ;) Hugs x

Sherrie K. said...

So cute Gigi!!! I LOVE that "I want candy" sentiment! Such cute treat bags..great job!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful candy treat containers. Just finished making some of the Candy Corn boxes that Jessica of Chick-n-Scrap has a tutorial for. Saw the Spider Plastic Plate creations that are so cool posted on the challenge site. Saw your treat bags. Going to try to make the treat bags also.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

scrapperbecka said...

WOW super cute treat boxes those rats are adorable!
Thank you for playing with us this week!
Becka
GC DTM
Creations With Becka

DIANA L. said...

Love your treat bags Congrats on winning over at Robyn's I am so happy for you.
DIANA L.

♥Gemma♥ said...

wow these are fantastic hun...will have to make some of these for my boys Halloween party :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Super fun Gigi! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Amber

Kate said...

These look fantastic! I love the sweet little mice (even though they are trying to be spooky!). I'm sure these will be a hit with your son!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Unknown said...

I love these GiGi! I am going to give them a try! That rat looks so sneaky like he is going to grab those goodies and be on his way. So funny. Always love your projects. Hugs!

The Craftin Mama said...

OMG...These treat bag's are toooo cute!! I love the mice!! Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge!
Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net

Ashleycipe said...

Gigi, these are awesome. I hav got to try some. Thanks for the instructions! Hugs- Glora