Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Peachy Keen Release Party Challenges

Hello everyone! So, did you attend the Peachy Keen Release Party? HOW cute are the new stamps?!?! Kathy never fails to amaze me with her creativity! 

Along with the party, there are some fun challenges to play along in. Here is what I created for the first challenge which is hosted by Melissa. For this challenge you are to make a treat bag using Orange and Green colors and 1 button.




I made the treat bag using the tutorial that you can find HERE. I stamped and paper pieced the Thanksgiving bird using Peachy Keen's Lil' Tweets Thanksgiving and stamped the sentiment from this set also. I added some eyelets to the top and used some twine to close the bag finishing with a button on top. 

 For the second challenge hosted by Amy, you are to make a holiday decoration by up-cycling something in your house. I decided to use a used up ribbon roll to make an ornament.
Here is what I started with 

I added some decorative trim around the outside of the ribbon spool before I added the rosette center. 



I cut a 2 1/2 X 11 inch piece of white cardstock and scored it at 1/4 inch intervals. Then I folded it up and glue the ends together. I glued it to the spool and also added another ball style trim to the edge. I stamped and paper pieced that super cute snowman using one of the new add on sets called Picture Snow Day. I stamped the sentiment using another one of the new add on sets called Pusten & Jud Snow Couple onto a My Craft Spot Ribbon Banner Metal Die.
To created the hanger, I glued some silver rope trim around the inside of the roll and tied a bow to the top to create the hanging loop. 

I hope you all liked my projects and will play along in the challenges! Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Love your projects. Great work as always <3

jessica said...

Super awesome projects Gigi!!! Love your take on the challenges!!
Thanks for sharing!

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

these are both just as sweet as you are GiGi!! LOVE how clever you are!
Big Hugs, Kathy

Kathy Salido said...

Wow, great job on both of your projects. Love your upcycle project!!

kahaulani said...

LOVE both your projects! the Christmas ornament,SUPER CUTE!!!

Kate said...

All of them are super cute!

Unknown said...

wow!!! love your projects!!!

Migdalia said...

Both are ADORABLE!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥