Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Santa Tag Gift Bag

Hello everyone! I have another sneak peek of the NEW Peachy Keen stamps being revealed tomorrow! I am really loving this fun SOTM set!!!

I made this gift bag with a tag to go on it. 




I created the bag by using only 2 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 inch pieces of cardstock! I scored the 2 long sides and 1 short side at 1 1/2 inches on each piece. I then cut into the corner along bottom of bag on each side of paper. The other piece I did the same thing to, except that I cut out the entire outside tab. Here is a photo for reference: This shows the bottoms of the pieces.
Now it's just a matter of gluing them together. I started with the middle bottom, then folded in the side tabs and glued the long side flaps together. And then you have a gift bag!

I created the tag by cutting a 3 X 5 inch piece of cardstock and a mat piece out of decorative paper. I did a faux stitching line around it with a black pen and punched a hole at the top for the tie. 
I stamped and colored the Santa head using the Peachy Keen Santa Set and the "to and from" using PKSC-21 September 2013 set that I added to tags on the edges. 
I cut out the calendar mat using the Jaded Blossom Layered Frame Dies and stamped all the elements onto it using the NEW PKSC-24 December 2013 SOTM set. I heat embossed the month, Christmas, and circle in white. 
To finish, I punched 2 holes in the bag top and threaded some twine through that I attached the tag with. 
I hope you all liked my project and thanks for stopping in! I hope you will come join in the fun tomorrow for the Peachy Keen Release Party that can be found on Facebook HERE. with the full reveal at 6 pm!




8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable gift tag!!

Rhonda Emery said...

what a wonderful bag love it so cute love the tag. hugs

Pam said...

Love your cute little gift bag!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really really cute project. You coloring looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see the PK release:)

Larelyn said...

OMG, the bag is such a cute idea and the tag is fabulous!!!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Migdalia said...

Totally cute!!
Have a wonderful day,
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute bag a fun tag Gigi!
Sherrie K

Kathy Salido said...

What a great little treat bag, and the tag is adorable!!