Monday, August 8, 2011

Senior Year Keychain



Hello everyone! It's time for another challenge at Celebrate The Occasion! This week the challenge is "Back To School".
I created this keychain for my son who will be a Senior this year (this is SO unbelievable! My baby is almost done with High School!) He LOVES football and the season has just started so that's what I used as my inspiration for this project.
I started by cutting a solid football at 2.5 inches from Car Decals out of a recycled cereal box to give it some sturdiness. I then cut the football, front and back and the layers for the front. The font and font shadow was cut from Robots that I welded together in my Gypsy. Once it was all glued on I added some white gel pen highlights to the letters. Then I ran it through the laminator on my Your Story. I was kind of disappointed how it wrinkled and didn't all laminate correctly. So I ran it through twice. My only thinking for this is that it was too thick. To finish I punched the hole and added a keychain ring. Thank goodness for the Crop-A-Dile because it was really thick!
I hope you all enjoyed my project and will play along this week. I can't wait to see what you'll create! Have a great day!
P.S. He is ACTUALLY using it too! He made a smart comment about my laminating skills and then put it on his keychain! :) This makes me happy because I know that he actually liked it! LOL!

19 comments:

Sherry said...

I think you did a great job and if you hadn't said anything about the laminating, I wouldn't have even noticed. It looks awesome, I thought it was metal.
Real Cool Job Mom
Sherry

Laurie said...

What a cute idea! The picture makes it look like metal!! I think it turned out great!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Awesome job as always GiGi

Cindy said...

Hi Gigi,Your project is soo AWESOME!SUPER job with this COOL idea,I LOVE IT!!:)

Mary said...

What a great idea, love it!!

Jenni said...

Great idea! Your son will love it!
Hugs, Jenni

Adrian said...

Wow, great idea!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really cute great idea.

Yvonne said...

Super Cute Idea!!! ~Yvonne DT Member

Esther said...

OMG!!! What a clever idea!!! Super job!
Fellow - DT

Jayne said...

Wow,what a brilliant idea Gigi. Love all the details you've added.I actually thought you had used a football keychain as a base!!Amazing,will definitely 'borrow' your idea.
Jayne x

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Gigi, Gigi, Gigi!! This looks store bought!!! Awesome job!
Paper Panther

Scrappin Diva said...

Too Cute !!

Dilsaver Designs said...

What a great idea, love that font, really fun :)

Nicole said...

Great idea!

DIANA L. said...

Great project

Sherrie K. said...

Super cool project!!! I love your keychain:) You might have a ton of orders once your son starts showing people...a GREAT idea for his buddies..great grad gift:)
Love it. TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

MyCuriousCrafts said...

I love it...what a great idea. TFS! ~Shen

Amy said...

GiGi, I LOVE this idea!! I really thought it was a metal keyring that you added the font to -- I was so surprised to read that you made the whole thing!! WOW -- You are such a creative mom -- Bet he'll treasure that for a very, very long time!! My heart is so happy for you...

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Celebrate The Occasion DTM