Sunday, August 28, 2011

Birthday Wishes


Hello everyone! Here is the card that I made for a couple of challenges! The first is Scrappy Mom's Terrific Tuesday challenge which was to use Straight From The Nest. The second is for Tattered Time's CCCC challenge which is Birthday Cakes or something similar. I don't own BC but I saw an image that was close to this bird.
I cut the card base and layers from Straight From The Nest. I embossed the white circle with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder and added a white stitching line around the outside of the card. The bird was also cut from SFTN and I stamped the face with Peach Keens Everyday Character Face stamps. The balloons were cut from Create A Critter and I tied a twine bow and added twine for the string. The sentiment tag I cut by hand and stamped the sentiment with a Stamp'n Up stamp. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the balloons, the pom on the hat, the eyes and the beak.
I hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for looking! Take Care!

15 comments:

HappyPlaceJen said...

Super cute, Gigi! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com

Kim said...

This is so adorable!

Kim

Esther said...

Gigi, this is so adorable!!!!!
The glossy accents look great on the balloons!!!

Jayne said...

Such a cute card.Love the twine and glossy accents.
Jayne x

Kate said...

This is SO sweet! I love the fun shape and the bird's little face is adorable. The little twine bow is such a lovely touch too!

Kathy Salido said...

Hi GiGi,
This card is so super cute. I love that little bird, and the shape of the card is fantastic! Love the glossy accents you added too.
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Glora said...

SUPER adorable card Gigi. I love it!!! Hugs- Glora

Melissa said...

Very cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh Gigi I really like this shaped card. The polka dot chickie is stinken adorable. I love the glossy accents on the balloons~really stands out and the embossing is great! Nice work as always!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So cute!! I LOVE the shape and colors - perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps. :)

- Mel

Kathy Salido said...

OMG GiGi!! Did I see that you actally won 2 of the My Craft Spot Blog Hop sets!!! Lucky you!! Do you want to share...LOL Congrats my crafty friend!!
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

This is so adorable, GiGi! I love the cute spotted chick and the embossing is fabulous! The colors are so fun and festive! Great card :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

girlia said...

What a cute little birdie. Great job as always Gigi

Unknown said...

Again, wonderful color combo. Love the little bird and the face! What a fun and bright b-day card.

Cindy Beland said...

This card is sooo SWEET!I just LOVE the great embossing and the CUTE little bird,TO ADORABLE!AMAZING job as always my friend!!:)