Thursday, August 25, 2011

LFIF Our Furry Friends Challenge



FOR THE WHIMSICAL WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE PLEASE SEE POST BELOW.
Hello everyone! Here is the card that I made for Peachy Keen's LFIF challenge. This time the challenge is Our Furry Friends. Make a project with a furry friend and a PK face. I couldn't pass up this challenge! I love making cute critters with PK face stamps!
I cut the skunk from Create A Critter at 3 inches and stamped the face with a PK Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed face stamp. I used a white gel pen and did some highlighting as well as chalked the edges and for the cheeks. I used a colored pencil for the eyelids and mouth and added Glossy Accents to the eyes and nose. The butterfly was also cut from CAC at 1 inch. I embossed the background with the Sizzix Flower Vine folder. To finish I punched a border strip, added a ribbon, and stamped the sentiment.
I hope you all are having a great day and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the skunk card. Need to get a white gel pen like you used.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw, cute little skunk! I LOVE the colors and the embossing really pops out:)Great job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Esther said...

A for adorable!!!

Kathy Salido said...

Oh GiGi, she is so "stinkin" cute!! I love all the details with the white pen. I might have to get this set of PK stamps!!
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,WOW GORGEOUS job with this STINKIN' CUTE card!SO sweet,I LOVE the little skunk,embossing and the color combo!AMAZING as always my friend!:)

Adrian said...

Wow, this is great!

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my goodness what a super card ... love your design ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

girlia said...

Super adorable.

Raina said...

Hi Gigi, I love this card! It's so stinkin cute!! Ha!

Raina

DIANA L. said...

I love these. You have inspired me to use these colors on some up coming projects.


DIANA L. http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! I think this is called a monocromatic card. I never have tried one of these..they so intimidating. Love the face and what you did with the little cheeks. Great touch by adding the butterfly!