Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Up A Tree



HOW CUTE ARE THESE BEARS?



Hello everyone! I wanted to share this adorable card that I made using Peachy Keen's NEW Teddy Bear Faces and the January 2013 SOTM kit. I just LOVE how this card turned out and my SIL is going to freak out when I give this to her! She has a thing for bears. LOL!
To create the tree background this is what I did:
 I started with a 4 1/4 X 8 1/2 inch piece of Kraft cardstock.  I marked out where I wanted the holes for my bears to be and using the CENTERPOINT feature on my Cricut, I cut out 1 3/4 inch circles. After the holes were cut I embossed the piece with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain folder. You will have to do it on each end and it will not match up exactly. So what I did was I took my stylus and my mouse pad and embossed so that the lines would match up. After it was embossed, I inked over all the raised edges with some distress ink. BE CAREFUL with it. The embossing is really deep and it will tear VERY easy! After the tree part is all done is when I trimmed it to fit my card. The reason I did this is because of the embossing, sometimes it shrinks to much.
I stamped the tag, which is from the $1 bin at Micheals, and added it to twine around the card. Then I mounted it to a folded in half 8 1/2 X 8 1/2 inch piece of dark brown cardstock. 
I stamped the bears and colored them with Copic markers and cut them out. I placed them in the holes and pop dotted their paws. 
The tree branches were cut from Create A Critter (from the dinosaur cut). I cut 5 of them and used a Copic marker to highlight them. I arranged them around the top and the top corner one I mounted on pop dots. 

I hope you all liked my card and thanks for looking! Have a great day!
GiGi

17 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

How DARLING is this card?!?!?! LOVE all those cute bears!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow girl not only is this beyond adorable but sooo creative. I LOVE this. The embossed tree, the little bears peeking about, and the vines. Totally fab!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Oh my !!! This has to be one of the cutest cards, love everything about it !!

Jovan said...

This is so ADORABLE!

Bobby said...

The answer is a resounding "YES!" These are the cutest bears. You have outdone yourself.

snappy scrappy said...

So fab...love how the embossing really makes the card front look like a tree trunk!! Lee-Ann :)

janner said...

Wow! How do you think of these things. So adorable.
Hugs,
Jan

Diana said...

OMGoodness....This is amazing! You are so talented. Your card is priceless, adorable, fun, etc! Can you tell I LOVE it?!! TFS!

Christine's Creative Cards said...

This card is wonderful. What a neat idea to have them 'peeking' out of the tree. TFS --C

Tina H said...

I'm such a fan of all your work. You create the cutest stuff ever! I look forward to all your projects and love how you use your Cricut. Thanks for sharing and being such an inspiration:)

Marjorie said...

This is so cute, just absolutely adorable. I have this set sooooo I am going to use your design and made a 'Thinking of you' card.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Marjorie from TX

Pam said...

I Love, love, love this darling card! You did a great job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Very cute card!!!!!


Brenda W.

Sherrie K. said...

Gigi, your killin' us with all this cuteness! WOW!! WOW! It can not get cuter than this:) I am SURE your SIL is going to go crazy of this-so stinken fabulous girl! Those faces get me every time:) LOVE, LOVE this!
Have a great evening my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Linda said...

This is absolutely adorable. Your projects just keep getting better and better! So cute.

Linda
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

FABULOUS! This card is just crazy amazing ♥

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER SUPER cute card Gigi!this is just AMAZING,I TOTALLY LOVE everything about it!!!:)