Monday, May 7, 2012

Bath Sign


Hello everyone! As I said in my last post, I have another recycling project to show you. It might be considered an upcycling project, I'm not sure! LOL! I could have SWORN that I took a picture of the original frame, but I can't find it anywhere on my camera. This started out as a white washed frame with a poster in the center. I bought it years ago and it was in my living room forever! I just recently re- designed my bathroom and saw a sign like this and thought it would be so cool in my bathroom. So I designed my own!
I started by spray painting the entire thing black. While it was drying I got out my wonderful Gypsy and designed this sign. I used Art Nouveau for the "bath and 5c" and Plantin Schoolbook for the bottom lines. I then cut this whole thing out of vinyl. I have only cut vinyl one other time, so I am pretty happy with how this turned out. I used transfer tape, cut it down to the exact size of the inside of my frame, and applied it to the middle. By cutting the exact size it ensured that it would be centered when I applied it to the frame. And just like that, instant bath art!
I hope you like my new bathroom sign, because I LOVE it! And the best part, it costed me nothing! I had all the supplies on hand. Thanks for looking and have a great day!