Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Easter Door Hanger



Hello everyone! Today I want to show you the door hanger I did for my front door for Easter. I can't believe that Easter is only a week and half away! Where does the time go?!?!
I cut the scallop mat from Cricut Craft Room Basics at 12 inches and used some Aqua Blue Timeless Twine around the scallops and inside. This took some time but I think so well worth it! The basket and eggs were cut from Doodlecharms and I inked around all the edges. The bunny was cut from Paper Doll Dress Up and I stamped the face with a Peachy Keen Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed face stamp. The grass I cut by hand and the the Happy Easter was cut from Robots. To finish I added a bow to the basket handle, added a twine bow to the bunny, and stamped the sentiment which is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun Vol. 1.
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
1. Twineology By Timeless Twine- Egg-celent March Challenge: Easter Eggs and twine is spring colors
2. Little Scrap Pieces- Use the color yellow
3. Krafty Girls- Challenge #4 For Peeps Sakes: Easter
4. Exploring Cricut- It's a Spring Thing: use spring colors and Cricut cut

19 comments:

Anna Waarvik said...

Very cute - you did a great job!

Glora said...

WOW, your Easter decoration is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that bunny leaning over the edge of the basket. Perfect face for him. And the twine around the edges is beautiful too! LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

Karen said...

Gigi omg thank you so much for joining my challenge with your adorable card. That bunny is so full of pizazz! Reminds me a little of the Kix rabbit who I adore. Karen

Unknown said...

Gigi!!!

This decoration is TOO STINKING CUTE!!! Super great job!!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with the Krafty Girls!!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Your Easter decoration is the cutest. I just love the basket and that cute bunny:) Great job:)

Would love for you to stop by my blog...I have something for you:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Very pretty and festive

Diane said...

So cute! Thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut

Karen said...

This is so cute! The rabbit is adorable and I love how you used the twine! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

OH WOW GORGEOUS job with your Door Hanger decoration!It is soooo SUPER CUTE,I LOVE the sweet little bunny and all the great details!AMAZING job as always my sweet friend!Have a nice day!:)

ScrappyRae10 said...

LOL look at that cute little happy face!!! How can one not smile!!! Thanks for playing along with Krafty Girls!! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Kathy Salido said...

So So Cute GiGi!!! I love this bunny and have not seen him before!! thanks for sharing.
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Annette said...

Awesome project! I think the detailing you did is fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Exploring Cricut.

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

WOW!!! This is fabulous!!! Love the twine around the scallops and circle! Love the basket, the eggs and that adorable bunny. Love that sweet face. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Circut!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a awesome project! I love it!
TY for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!

Arcy Scraps said...

this is the cutest, funniest bunny ever! I looove him and his peachy face! your door hanger is awesome!
thanks for joining us at Krafty Girls!
♥ Cyndy

Candy said...

OMGoodness! Gigi this is the cutest little bunny! I just love that peachy face and that little basket with the adorable little eggs!
Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Girls this week!
Candy
http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a fun Easter decoration! I love what you did with twine. The sentiments are matching up so nice with all your cards!

Jennifer said...

This is so cute!! I love the little bunny's face. I also love the way that you used your twine. Very nice project. Thanks for playing with us for our Easter challenge over at Krafty Girls.

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!!
Beautiful door hanger! Thanks for playing along with Timeless Twine, and I hope you join us next month!

Kathy
Timeless Twine DT