Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!



Hello everyone! Did you know that on March 2nd it would've been Dr. Seuss's 108th BIRTHDAY!!!! 108! I was amazed when I heard that! My all time favorite book of his is Green Eggs and Ham. I used to read that to my son EVERY DAY! I can still almost recite the entire book from memory after all these years.....my son will be 19 in June! So when I saw the challenge at Twineology I knew I wanted to create something.
I made this card for Twineology's Dr. Seuss's Brithday/ Read Across America challenge. The challenge rules are: 1. Dr. Seuss theme  2. Colors- Auqua, Red, and White,  3. Odd shapes  4. A Dr. Suess quote  5. Bonus- bling  6. Timeless Twine, if you don't own any you can use embroidery floss.
I found the Dr. Seuss image online and printed it and hand cut the odd shaped mats. I added some stickles to his hat and bow and Glossy Accents to the dots. The quote and hat in hand image are from some stickers that I got years ago for scrapbooking our Universal trip. I stuck them to white paper, trimmed around them and added red mats. For the side of the card I used my Sew Easy and embroidery floss to sew the design. I added a button with more embroidery floss and red bling.
I hope you all liked my card and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Jovan said...

I love this card! Green Eggs and Ham is my favorite also!

Anonymous said...

Okay GiGi, this one takes the cake! OMG, absolutely amazing! It screams Dr. Seuss! Love it!!!

mum of two said...

Super cute GiGi! Love it :)

michelle

Orlie said...

Well GiGi, I thing you have this card in the Hat!!!! Looks really great. How you can come up with things are great.

girlia said...

GiGi as always your work is stunning. Great job and good luck with the challenge.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, GiGi!! I love the design...it's whimsical, just like Dr. Seuss books!! Love this!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

OMG, totally adorable GiGi! What a super fun card, love the colors..just so happy.

Michelle said...

This is so cute!!! I really Love the colors!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Sherrie K. said...

Gigi, this is awesome! You always come uo with the coolest ideas and designs. Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cyndi S said...

Love your card.
cstephenson at q dot com

Shorty Creations said...

This card ROCKS!!! I love all the different elements of it =)

lots of love,
www.shortycreations.com