Friday, December 9, 2011

Hot Chocolate Gift Package



 This is what it looks like from the top when it's shut.
Hello everyone! Here is a Hot Chocolate Gift Package that I made. I thought these would be a fun gift to give to teachers, co-workers, etc.
I started by making the package folder. I did this by using an 8.5 X 10 inch piece of cardstock. I used my Martha Stewart Score Board and with the 10 inch side up, I scored it at 1/2, 4 3/4, 5 1/4, and 9 1/2. I then turned it with the 8.5 inch side up and scored it at 3 inches. Fold in the 1/2 and 9 1/2 inch sides and glue down. Then fold the 3 inch side up and glue to the sides and the middle. Now you have a folder. I cut the mouse from Birthday Bash and stamped the face with a Peachy Keen Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed face stamp. I colored in the face and added Glossy Accents to the eyes and boots. For the scarf, I cut it by hand out of metalic paper and added a twine bow to her ear. The cup she's holding and the Cocoa sentiment are stamps from Whimsical Designs Snow Much Fun set. I colored the cup with Copics and added Glossy Accents to this as well. To finish the front I cut a mat and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Seeing Spots folder and added a 1 X 10 inch strip of paper around the center. I then added ribbon to the top of the strip to be able to tie it shut. To finish, I added a packet of Hot Chocolate, candy cane, and a bag of marshmallows to the inside pockets. I hope you all like my project and thanks for looking! Have a great day!
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
1. Fantabulous Cricut- Present Time: Make a gift, gift packaging, or use a gift cut
2. My Craft Spot- Christmas Treats and Gift Packaging

20 comments:

yayaphilly said...

TFS! My daughter and nephew can make these during the weekend.

Jovan said...

OMG...this is just so super cute!

Laurie said...

So stinkin' cute!!! LOVE it!!! And what a cute idea!!! TFS
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Glora said...

Oh my goodness! This is SO flippin' ADORABLE!!!!! Amazing job on combining the stamps and Cricut cut on this one! It is absolute genius! I LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEKKK!!! I LOVE it! Gotta go look at Birthday Bash. You always find the cutest cuts and do the most fabulous job with them. ADORABLE! xxD

Sherry said...

What a super cute idea. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Merry Christmas
Sherry

Saundra said...

I love this! I may have to scraplift this idea! TFS!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is so stinkin cute!

Jayne said...

This is so cute.Love your mouse and such a great idea.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
Jayne x

Kathy Salido said...

Gigi,

You package is so cute. The mouse is adorable :)
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my Gigi,This project is just ADORABLE!GORGEOUS job,I TOTALLY LOVE the sweet idea and that CUTE little mouse!All the details are AMAZING my friend,Have a SUPER day!!:)

Orlie said...

My little Christmas mouse!!! I love him. You do such great work.

Sherrie K. said...

Your cocoa packet is such a FUN idea! I love your Christmas mouse-super cute Gigi!

Thanks for joining us at challenge me Monday over at FCCB!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Super-stinking cute! You did such an amazing job on that mouse. WOW!

Be Blessed, Beckie

Kate said...

This is so, so cute! Your mouse is too adorable for words! I love the little details you've added. And isn't that little cup just the sweetest thing?! Thanks for the instructions, too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh my goodness!! How cute! Such a cute gifty! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot! I hope you'll join us again this week!
Amber

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooo cute!! I love that face! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

janner said...

Sweet project. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

This is just too adorable .. I am going to pin it if u don't mind.... So so cute

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE! Great paper. I love what you have done with the mouse holding the cocoa mug. So creative.:) Once again you have showcased my stamps fabulously! Hugs:)