Monday, February 14, 2011

Acetate Treat Box and WINNER














Hello everyone! For today I have a cute little treat box that I made for Always Crafting's Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. The challenge is to make your own embellishment. I cut a pillow box out of acetate from Wrap It Up at 5 inches hiding the decorative cutout with my Gypsy. I then embossed it with Sizzix's hearts folder. It's hard to see in the pictures but I did take a close up shot that you can kinda see. I filled it with M&M's and tied a ribbon around it. I then made the flower with different sized flowers from Paisley. The white layer I embossed with Swiss Dots and chalked over with a pale pink. The center brad I made using my I-Top and some pink fleece. I hand wrote the tag and attached it to the flower.
I also have the winner of the BE MINE BLOG HOP. Random.org chose #7 Bunny Freak!
Congrats Bunny Freak! I have your email address and will be contacting you. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments and have a beautiful VALENTINES DAY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine Day GiGi. So I was scrolling through my dashboard and saw your ADORABLE pillow box and clicked on it for a closer look and as I was reading realized you entered it into my challenge. Your project is amazing, I love everything about it. Can you let me know where you got the acetate, because the stuff I bought is way to thick for the cricut and will not cut. Thank you for joining in on the Whimsical Wednesday challenge.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Tracy said...

What a sweet project Gigi - I just LOVE IT - simple and soooo full of fun! :)
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.
♥Tracy

Adrian said...

cute!

Jenifer said...

What a cute project Gigi! I am hosting my first blog hop and would love for you to join me. If you are interested, please contact me and I will email you with the deets!

Jen
Honeybean Creations
http://huffinatorshangout.blogspot.com