Friday, March 30, 2012

Peachy Keen 3D Candy Challenge



Hello everyone! It's FRIDAY!!!! YAY! Which means I have the weekend to play...hee hee! It also means a new challenge at Peachy Keen. This week the challenge is 3D Candy Containers.
I saw a version of these last year (I can't remember where so if anyone knows please let me know so I can give credit where it's deserved)  and decided to make my own. I created a cut file in CCR using the bunny head from Baby Steps. I welded the head to a rectangle and some ovals to the bottom for the feet from George and Basic Shapes. I stamped the faces with Peachy Keen's Wide Eyes and Bushy Tailed face stamps and colored the eyes with a Copic marker. I also added chalk to the cheeks and used a black pen for the wiskers. For the feet, I hand drew in the circles and colored them in with a Copic marker. To finish I punched a hole, threaded the sucker stick through the hole, rolled the paper around the sucker, and secured it to the bottom with tacky tape. You also can't see from the pictures, but they also have tails! I cut the end of a Q-tip off and glued them to the butt's! HEE HEE!
Well I hope you all like my sucker bunnies and have a wonderful weekend!
EDIT
I have had a couple of questions on how I created these bunnies so I am adding a photo of the mat from CCR. Maybe someday I will figure out how to share my files! LOL!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my, your sucker hold are so super cute!!! I just love them..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Glora said...

WOW! I love these! How cute!!!!! I haven't seen anything quite like these before. I love that you added little fluffy tails for them too even if we can't see it! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Esther said...

What a darling way to hold a lollipop!!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, very cool! I love how you made the bunny with all the shapes you welded-super creative! Great job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Cute to add a cotton tail too. Nice job-

Kate said...

Oh, these are just TOO cute! Those faces are fabulous - and what a fun way to present Easter lollipops!
Thank you so much for the lovely comments you've left for me this week, GiGi. I do appreciate them.

mum of two said...

So, so cute GiGi!! You are so brilliant :)

michelle

Anonymous said...

super cute

Michelle said...

this is tooo cool you created your own file, love that the suckers are their bellys !! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Cindy Beland said...

WOW these are sooo STINKIN' CUTE!I LOVE your sweet treat idea,AWESOME job!:)

Cindy :) said...

yummy lolly holders, very cute :) gl

Jeanne said...

These are just TOO cute! What a clever idea!

Nikki Foraker said...

OMGawsh! FABULOUS!!! Sooooo cute!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

nikki