Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandparents Day



Hello everyone! It's time for a new challenge at Celebrate The Occasion! This week the challenge is Grandparents Day. Create a card or project for the wonderful grandparents in our lives!
For my card I cut the grandparents from Car Decals. For each color, I cut a layer and fitted them together like a puzzle. For grandma's hair I used the Family button. It did not include the cut for her bun so I had to cut that one by hand. I added Glossy Accents to their glasses and to grandpa's shoes and added a white stitching line to his tie. The card design is very simple, just strips of paper. On green piece I printed the sentiment from my computer before I cut the strip.
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the fabulous design team had made for inspiration! I hope you will play along this week and I can't wait to see what you will create! Have a great day!

18 comments:

Jovan said...

This card is just ADORABLE!

Esther said...

Really adorable!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Very cute!

Laurie said...

This card is so cute! Love their little faces!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,Oh my gosh this is such a CUTE and FUN card!I just LOVE it,So STINKIN' CUTE! Just got back from my holiday,trying to get caught up with my comments. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

so darn adorable. love it

Amy said...

This is really really cute! :)Amy

Nicole said...

Too cute!!! Love it!

Jayne said...

Great card Gigi.Very cute.Love the glossy accents on the glasses.
Jayne x

Kathy Salido said...

Another adorable card GiGi!!
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

That is just the cutest, really adorable card :)

Glora said...

ADORABLE! You did this up perfectly!!!! I love it! Hugs- Glora

Aim said...

Oh, GiGi -- How stinkin' cute is this?!?! I LOVE it!! The glasses are just TOO MUCH!! AWESOME!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

Your CTO DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is fabulous!! I love it! I just got this cart and can't wait to rip into it! Awesome card~good luck in the challenge. Total winner:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

This little grandma and grandpa are just adorable!
Hugs, Jenni DT

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Love your card. I am going to have to buy that cart now

Trail of Treasures said...

Gigi, this is too stinkin' cute!! What super hip grandparents you've created! Just love it!

Hugs,
Tracey - fellow DT

Unknown said...

So adorable Gigi. You did a great job with the colors and paper piercing. Those grandparents sure are super cute:)