Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Funny Father's Day Card

















Hello everyone! It's time for a new challenge at Whimsical Wednesdays! This week the challenge is Fathers Day. I think this card is so funny and I made it with my Dad in mind so it makes it more funny for me so you'll have to bear with me! :)


For the card base, I used a card from Smiley Cards cut at 10 inches high and 1/4 inch smaller for the card mat. The skunk was cut from Camping Critters at 3.5 inches and I stamped the sentiment which is from Scrappy Mom's Furry Friends set. The "Dad" was also stamped from a set from Michaels. For the inside of the card I printed the (but don't forget to spray) off my computer and stamped the Happy Fathers Day. The frog I cut at 2 inches and omitted the flies in that cut. Hopefully some of you will think this is kind of funny because when I showed it to my 18 year old son, he looked at me like I fell of my rocker!


This week our sponsor is Joy from Joy's Life! One random winner will win the stamp set called Your So Punny. Clich here to visit Joy's product page.Thanks Joy!

I sure hope that you will give this challenge a try and I can't wait to see what you'll create! Have a great day!







18 comments:

Amy said...

This is very cute and funny! Love it!

Pat N. said...

I get it Gigi! I think it's hilarious. Adorable card!!--Pat N.

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,Once again your card is Amazing and sooo CUTE!Super job with this Father's day card!!:)

Charlotte said...

This is just hilarious GiGi. I love it. The critters have the cutest little faces which makle it even more funny! Great great card!!!!!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me! laugh, I almost fell out of my chair. I think it is genius. So so creative with this one GiGi. Your son is a teenager..what else would you expect. I have been debating and debating about this card but now I KNOW I want it. It is usually on your blog where I make up my mind about a cart. Always love what you do with your cuts. Awesome!

Kim H said...

Gigi,
Your card totally made me laugh and smile! It is just PERFECT! How clever to make your stamps work for you! I LOVE the whole scene and idea! Tell your son I don't think you fell off your rocker.. you hit right on the mark! Great job!

Roberta Guditis said...

I LOVE it! The colors are perfect and the sentiment inside is hilarious!


Roberta, fellow Whimsical Designer
Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I love, love it!!

Sherrie K. said...

Stinken adorable card!!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

*Star said...

This card is so darn funny. I busted up laughing when I saw it! Tfs and have a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

This is SO CUTE!!! and totally made me laugh. TFS! -Sam :-)

Cathryn said...

Hysterical!!! Awesome job on this card Gigi! Thanks for the chuckle! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! your card was truly funny! really made me smile!!! TFS!

shelly said...

oh my gee this is too funny! way to go :)

joni said...

Oh, this is right up my alley!!! This is so dang cute and funny!!!! There is so much cuteness going on here!!! TFS
hugs,
joni

girlia said...

yep, Gigi this card is hilarious! Great job

Jovan said...

Now, this is just to stinkin cute!

Bunnyfreak said...

Thanks for inspiring me to create this - http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/2011/06/fathers-day-card.html