Friday, March 18, 2011

Sugar and Spice





Hi everyone! If you're looking for the I'm So Lucky Blog Hop please see the post below this one. I made this card for Getting Cricky's Sugar and Spice Simple Sunday Challenge. The challenge is to make something that represents Sugar and Spice, so this is what I came up with. I am so happy with the way this card came out. I cut the card using the last image in Live Simply and welded it in my Gypsy to make the card. I also cut all the layers at 5.5 inches. The sock monkey was cut from B is for Boy at 3 inches. I cut 2 hats and cut off the ball and bottom band and then pop dotted them to the hat to give it more dimension. I also cut that little purse at .75 inches from Paisley. For the outsides of the card I took a hand held flower punch and punched the flowers and then used my circle punch for the insides of the flowers. To finish I stamped the sentiment and added some black stitching. I hope you all are having a great day and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Spring Bling Blog Hop!

7 comments:

Pat N. said...

Gigi, I like it too! It's so adorable. You must have a very steady hand to do all that stitching around the card. Great job, love the color coordination. Too cute!!--Pat

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

This card is adorable, I love love the colors chosen. Wonderful :)

girlia said...

What a cute little sock monkey card. Great job Gigi

mw_scrap said...

Awesome job on your Sock Monkey card...so cute...

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is super cute! Who doesn't love a cute, cuddly sock monkey! Very nice!

Jessica~1stLadyYG said...

I love this it gave me idea what to make with my lil monkey lol

Nadia's World said...

This is sooo cute! Love pink and brown together!

Nicole T.